- This event has passed.
Speakeasy Style Fundraiser 2020
October 2, 2020 @ 5:30 PM – October 17, 2020 @ 9:30 PM
Dates: October 2nd, 3rd, 16th and 17th, 2020
Time slots: 5:30pm to 7:00pm OR 7:30pm to 9:00pm
Tickets: NOW CLOSED (maximum 10 attendees per time slot)
**You must be 19+ to attend (ID required)
A series of fundraiser events with sliding scale tickets to support ongoing museum operations which include cultural and historical exhibits, community events and educational programming. As a non-profit museum lead by a volunteer board of directors and operated by a staff of two, alongside a large net of volunteers, community support is crucial in keeping Vancouver’s only house museum going! The Roedde House Preservation Society opened the museum 30 years ago in 1990, so to celebrate, we are looking back 100 years to the roaring 20s, a time when the Roedde family would have still been living in the house (now museum). The event theme will be a celebration of fashion amdist the historical context of Vancouver’s Speakeasy Period!
Look forward to: an expansive exhibit of 1920s fashions from local fashion historian and curator Ivan Sayers; safely distributed speakeasy-themed alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks with information about Vancouver during the Prohibition Era; a unique photo booth for guests to strike a historical pose in an authentic Victorian house (photos will be a giveaway); 1920s-inspired hand-crafted masks available for purchase and great door prizes!
More about Ivan Sayers: http://www.ivansayersevents.com/
Required Safety Protocols: https://roeddehouse.org/website/index.php/en/visit-the-museum/health-and-safety
- Book your timed-entry tickets online.
- Sliding scale ticket option with funds raised going towards exhibitions, collections and programming.
- Each time slot is 90min (please arrive and depart within that time).
- A small service fee will be added to each ticket in order to provide the online ticketing option.
Safety Protocols For your safety, please read our COVID-19 guidelines below:
- Please do not attend this event if you feel unwell.
- A mask, face shield or face covering is mandatory to enter the Museum and must be worn for the duration of the event.
- Our docents and staff will be wearing face shields or masks for the duration of the event.
- All attendees will be directed to wash their hands according to health standards once they have entered the Museum.
- Attendees must keep distance (6 feet or 2 metres) between individuals/households (social bubbles).
- Volunteers and staff will sanitize high touch areas at regular intervals.
If the answer is “yes” to any of these questions, please do not visit the Museum:
- Have you had close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you been in close contact with anyone who has traveled outside of Canada within the last 14 days?
- Have you experienced any cold or flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (including fever, cough, sore throat, respiratory illness, difficulty breathing)?
- Have you attended any mass gatherings in the last 14 days where proper health and safety protocols were not used?
Give yourself time to find parking. There is paid parking at Broughton. Limited street parking is available on Robson and in the West End. Parking spots are scarce in the neighbourhood, so give yourselves some extra time or use public transportation (closest skytrain station is Burrard, and we are on the #5 Robson bus route).