The Roedde House Museum collects objects and archival materials (photos, documents, etc.) relating to the history of Vancouver in the 1890 to 1925 period. However, due to limitations in space for storage, we are not able to accept every donation. In deciding whether to accept items offered for the collection, we consider the following criteria:
- Significance – How does the item relate to early Vancouver or the Roedde family?
- Condition/ quality – Is the item in good condition?
- Provenance – Is the history of ownership/ use of the item documented or well known?
- Connection – Is the item related to other items in the collection, a well known person, or event in Early Vancouver history?
- Care – Does the Society have the resources to properly care for the item?
If you are interested in donating an item to the collection, contact the Museum manager.
Walk in donations cannot be accepted.
Please make an appointment before bringing your item to the Museum.